To oversee the work and management of the Tring Road Cemetery, Town Council allotment sites, environment work and Town Council assets.
- The Committee shall consist of 9 members.
- The Committee shall meet a minimum of 4 times per year
- Between October and December annually to prepare a draft budget for all areas to the Finance Committee.
- To monitor budgets and report possible over/under spends to Town Council
- To oversee and review the Health & Safety policy and Risk Assessments of the maintenance team and to ensure safe practices are followed.
- The Committee must adhere to the Council’s Standing Orders and Financial Regulations
- To review policies of the Committee and Committee Terms of Reference on an annual basis
Tring Road Cemetery
- To ensure that the management of the cemetery grounds are maintained to a high standard and consider any improvements within reason.
- To ensure that we offer the best possible customer service to cemetery users.
- To ensure, with the assistance of officers, that the cemetery records are maintained to a high standard and stored securely.
- To receive a regular report of the allotment sites
- To work to ensure the continuous development of allotment sites to provide the highest quality of service delivery
- To ensure that the provision of allotments is considered as a condition of future housing developments where this can be achieved
- To consider, where applicable, land to extend the provision of Town Council allotments to attempt to meet the demands of
Assets of the Town Council
- To oversee the care and maintenance of the assets of the Town Council
- Town hall building
- Assets of value and historical importance
- Civic Insignia and all other assets of the Council
- Land adjoining Ardenham Land allotments
- Any other asset not looked after by any other committee