To be responsible for proposing short-term and long-term objectives for the Council for Full Council to approve.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the Council’s agreed objectives are met
- The Committee shall meet a minimum of 4 times per year.
- Will comprise 11 members being the respective Chairs and Vice Chairs of the five standing committees plus the Town Mayor.
- To ensure that all Councillors receive training on the understanding of the Town Council’s objectives.
- To be responsible for agreeing the acquisition of assets that supports the growth and operation of facilities and services for Aylesbury Town Council residents
- To be responsible for proposing amendments where necessary to Standing Orders.
- To be responsible for overseeing the Policies of all Committees.
- To be responsible to reviewing Staff Policies
- To be responsible for staffing and salary reviews
- To be responsible for the annual appraisal of the Town Clerk
- To monitor Council budgets and report any under/overspends to Town Council.
- To review Committee Terms of Reference on an annual basis.