The Grants Committee shall be a Standing Committee of Aylesbury Town Council appointed at the Annual Council Meeting. As such it is autonomous; its decisions do not require ratification by Council unless a matter is specifically referred up. It is subject to the same general rules of conduct in relation to meetings set out in the Council’s Standing Orders.
- The Committee shall consist of 7 members. Its quorum shall be 3.
- The Committee shall meet a minimum of 4 times per year. The meetings shall be determined at the Annual Council Meeting, or otherwise by Council or this Committee’s decision.
- Grant Committee Members cannot be a signatory on any grant cheque.
- To consider grant applications from various organisations on behalf of Aylesbury Town Council.
- To ensure that the grants budget for the relevant financial year is not exceeded
- To monitor the effectiveness of the Town Council’s grant allocation process.
- The Committee shall be maintained in accordance with a budget set by the Council. Any additional funds required by the Committee to discharge its obligations shall be sought by application to Council.
- To review Committee Terms of Reference on an annual basis.